Ramping up our security processes with the NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit
It’s becoming more apparent that all industries need to be more digitally prepared and adopt modern-day technologies
For the healthcare industry, this is not only to reduce the number of face-to-face appointments but to also deliver faster communications in the event of daily changing circumstances.
Additionally, it’s also extremely important that our customers understand how seriously we at Textlocal take our data safety responsibilities, ensuring customers can trust us to host their data safely. To further support this we are proud to announce that Textlocal is now accredited on the NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
The DSPT is a requirement for all care services operating under an NHS Contract, evidencing that we are compliant with all clinical elements of GDPR, statutory data protection and data security obligations.
What is the Data Security and Protection Toolkit?
The DSPT is an online self-assessment tool that enables relevant organisations to measure their performance against the National Data Guardian’s 10 data security standards.
It is now essential all organisations that have access to or host NHS patient data and systems use this toolkit. The kit provides assurance that they are practising good data security and that personal information is handled correctly.
What this means for you
Not only does the DSPT provide reassurance that your data is kept secure, but it ensures you adhere to new GDPR and healthcare data protection guidelines when choosing to use Textlocal’s Messenger platform.
Benefits of mobile messaging for healthcare providers:
- Communicate quickly and directly with patients by keeping costs low. Saving money on more costly channels such as direct mail and more accessible than email.
- Reduce the number of missed appointments with reminders and 2-way conversations.
- Send essential healthcare information using direct links.
- Free up employee phone time by alerting patients to available test results and prescriptions.
- Provide follow up surveys to improve patient satisfaction.
- Access to an easy to use platform that integrates simply with your own systems.
- Time-saving practices with automated messages.
- Update employees with rota and shift changes or business updates.
What it means for us
- Ability to securely access data for any GP surgeries and hospital databases, adhering to the National Data Guardian’s Data Security Standards.
- Currently one of the only SMS messaging service suppliers accredited on the NHS DSPT. Giving Textlocal the ability to support and share all health and social care best practises.
- Enables Textlocal to become leading specialists in Healthcare data and communications.
With an open rate of 98% SMS carries great reach potential. If you would like more information on how mobile messaging is benefitting the healthcare industry, take a look at a recent case study.
Creating a Textlocal Messenger account is quick and easy. Sign up today.